Plan Your Visit
Tips for a Great Zoo Visit!
- Please note that during warm weather, the animals are more active in the mornings when it is cooler. May we suggest an early start for your visit? We open at 9:00am.
- Please keep in mind that the Zoo is very busy toward the end of the school year (especially in the month of May) as schools take their field trips to the Zoo during weekdays. You may wish to plan for a weekend visit during this time.
- If you have small children, you should check out the Toe Jam Puppet Band which performs every Monday (outside, weather permitting, otherwise held inside). The cost is $5.00 per family plus zoo admission.
- The Bear’s Den Café is a great option for a snack or a full meal, stop by on your next visit.
- Make sure to check our schedule for daily keeper chats and enrichment activities when you visit!
- Bring extra quarters with you or make change at the North Woods Gift Store as our duck food dispensers are quite popular.
If you have further questions, please refer to our Buttonwood Park Zoo Visitor Policy