Free Fun Friday
August 23rd is Free Fun Friday at the Buttonwood Park Zoo! Admission is FREE to all visitors all day! Free Fun Fridays is funded by the Highland Street Foundation to offer visitors no-cost access to museums, theaters, historic sites, archives and treasured collections across Massachusetts throughout the summer.
Helpful Tips & Information for your Free Fun Friday Visit:
- This is a popular event and we’re expecting an increased number of visitors, so please plan your visit accordingly!
- The Zoo is open from 9:00am – 5:00pm with last admission at 4:15.
- Parking is free and is first come, first serve. Please be prepared to walk a little extra.
- Strollers are always welcome at the Zoo.
- There will not be any wagons for rent during Free Fun Friday.
- Our popular train and carousel rides will be up and running, the cost is $2 per ticket. Both rides are ADA certified.
- Bring your quarters so you can feed the ducks and geese!
- Charlie’s Nature Play will be open, but with limited admittance. There may be a small wait to get in.
- Be sure to stop by one of the scheduled keeper chats during the day!
- Outside food and drink are not permitted.
- There are outdoor picnic tables available, but inside the Bear’s Den Cafe is reserved for paying customers.
- The Bear’s Den Cafe is open from 9:30am-4:30pm and serves Jim’s Organic coffee, quick bites, lunch and more!
- Please don’t leave valuables in your car, the parking lot is a public parking lot for anyone to use.
- We do not allow pets inside the Zoo.
- Free Fun Friday is a rain or shine event.