After-School at BPZOO
With extracurricular activities and sports practices on hold, the Buttonwood Park Zoo is the place for you!
Kids can join After-School at BPZOO for a fun and safe opportunity to hang out and take a break from school while spending time with some of their favorite animals. All October long, children 5-8 are welcome on Mondays and children 9-12 are welcome on Fridays from 3 – 5 pm for a zoo tour, games, activities, and so much more! Click here for more information and to register now.
Mondays: 5-8 year olds
October 5, 12, 19, 26
Fridays: 9-12 year olds
October 9, 16, 23, 30
Members: $150 for 4 week session
Non-Members: $170 for 4 week session
Please contact the Education Department at email@example.com or (508) 991-6178 ext. 67413 if you have any questions.
Important Safety Guidelines For BPZOO’s After-School Program:
- Participants will be in groups of no more than 9 participants and 1 counselor.
- Participants will be expected to wear masks and to maintain six feet of distance between themselves and others whenever possible.
- Materials will not be shared; each participant will be provided with their own set of craft supplies. If they would like, campers are also invited to bring their own craft supplies (scissors, tape/glue, and coloring supplies). Zoo materials that are used by participants will be disinfected each day.
- Out of consideration for all of our BPZOO guests, if a participant is experiencing any of the following symptoms (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea), please do not allow them to attend this program. You will be granted a full refund as a sign of our appreciation.
- If you have any further questions about how we intend to comply with physical distancing and disinfecting guidelines, please contact Carrie Hawthorne at Carrie.Hawthorne@newbedford-ma.gov.
- A Confirmation Packet will be sent out with updated information regarding our programming, preparing your child for the day, and drop-off and pick-up instructions.